Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The forum and all functions on the server will be off-line...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The forum and all functions on the server will be off-line...

...on Thursday April, 28th 9-11, Finnish time (GSM+3)!

This because the IT-services of the Genealogical Society will be switching servers at that point.

As we have all seen the current services have been quite slow, sluggish in every way describing them. Hopefully we will see a new and faster server after this since the last months have been quite awful.

Thus - a little patience is needed the days to come. If the server isn't up-and-running it is probably that the IT is doing their magic.

This of course also means that Talko, Suku-Forum and all GSF databases are off-line some hours on Thursday, Finland time.

Hasse

Hurrah! That's good news...
    June

Comment

Seems like the first step was a success. Talko isn't working yet though...

Comment

Talko isn't working yet as of 2 p.m. Thursday.
        June

Comment

Will Talko be offline for a long time? I miss it...
          June

Comment

June - and other Talko users,

Because of the server move and that the GSF has loaded quite different system software Talko will be off-line until I will have the time to dig into what should be done. Two alternatives - but both take some time. 1) try to get the Talko SW-package to run under the current system of the server or 2) upgrade the talko SW-package to the newest version. - Updating would be the preferred solution but will need time partly because the database is quite big nowadays thus the process of the database update only isn't over in a few minutes...

I try to get it up and running asap. Not before Thursday next at least.

Comment

Any luck with getting Talko back online? Any resources you require that would be of assistance to the process?

Cheers...
              Andrew

Comment

The address to where Talko is up and running nowadays

Hi everybody.

The Talko database has been up and running for some time already and under test use by a few of the members. Seems like the database runs quite ok. I have seen hickup situations originating from the server when I have made too heavy searches, ie. error messages from the server instead of the result I had hoped for. At the moment on must try to make a simpler search argument and pray that the server won't get strangled too soon.
                The passwords should be the same as before - at least the register with all the usernames and password information was transferred from the old database "as is". Please inform me if there is a problem.
                At the moment some collections aren't yet uploaded since I had to upload every single one into the current version of the software. The rest is coming along the road. If you have more current material that you could submit - this wouldn't be the worst time to do it since I will in any case need to do that kind of maintenance stuff the coming weeks.

You can reach the database using the URL address below:

http://sfhs.eget.net/talko2016

(NB! the old link we used is still not forwarded to the new location of the database!)

And yes, I'm still alive after more or less one year of issues signaling that I'm not a youngster anymore. For how long is a question I don't have an answer to but I'm trying my best to push the final limit further and further away. According to the neurologist I still have a few brain cells left and the cardiologist said she saw something resembling a beating heart in the ultra scan yesterday.

Please excuse me for the long delay...

Comment

Hasse,

I haven't had any problems with Talko so far... and I find that if I put less info into the search, I get more results to compare. Good job.
                  June

Comment

Hasse,
                    Good to have you back at the helm. I've been using Talko with few problems, if any. Thank you.
                    Karen

Comment

Looks good
                      Alf

Comment

Working...
                      X