Kynell - Pelander photo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kynell - Pelander photo?

Since we don't have a picture gallery, I'm not sure where to post this photo. Can anyone identify it? Laurie Kynell thinks they could be her great grandparents Matts Leander Eriksson Lillhonga-Kynell, 1846-1909, and Anna Maria Andersdotter Pelander, 1845-1933. He came from Karleby and she was from Nedervetil. They lived in Duluth, MN. Laurie has many other similar photos that need to be identified.
    Attached Files
    June

June,
    I notice the photographer was from East Tawas, MI. On Mats Kynell's ship manifest in 1869, destination Grand Rapids, MI. Census in Duluth.

Comment

Karen,
      Laurie doesn't know why the photo was taken in E. Tawas because they ended up in Duluth and lived there the rest of their lives. She doesn't think there were any relatives in Mich. I told her that my grandfathers also ended up in Michigan and became loggers, so maybe that's why her folks went there first. She has loads of old photos like that, taken in Superior and Duluth, and doesn't know who they are.. she'd like to post them somewhere to see if someone recognizes anyone.
      June

Comment

June,
        Just looking at some old census records for Kynell (various spellings) all MN, but two of the Kynell children were born in MI. The 1895 MN State Census shows William 13 and Anna 12 born MI. This would put them there in 1881-1883. 1900 Census shows Matt and Mary married 1881. Emily and Mathilda 10 and 7 born MN on that 1895 census.
        Karen

Comment

Karen,

Someone found that William and Anna were born in Ludington, MI ca 1882 and ca 1883.. and Emily and Matilda were born in Duluth. Laurie knows nothing about her ggfather Matts Leander, or why he was in Michigan ... she said William was her gfather and he grew up in Duluth.. he died there in 1971 and she knows nothing about his side of the family. I have found her ancestors in Finland, but I don't know how she can identify all the old photos in her grandfather's album. I tried to find out if she had living relatives in Finland, but had no luck.

Thanks for your info.. I'll pass it on to her. Looks like Matts Leander married in MI based on that census record.
          June

Comment

Working...
          X