Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? About Gedcom Talko

Hi!
    I´ve some questions about the Talko projekt.
    I find lots of list whit surnames (some of "mine"), please explain some about this.
    I havn´t got very far whit my relatives, can I send a gedcom anyway?
    How about living/dead people. In Swedden it´s illegal to write about living people on the internet whitout their aprowal. Shall the gedcom just be whit non living people?

Sorry about all questions but I´m really new at this.
    Hälsningar
    Best Regards
    Pia Hägg

Talko

I find lots of list whit surnames (some of "mine"), please explain some about this.
    The database now contains some 1.300.000+ individuals. Only a small part of the different surnames are presented in Finlander
    I havn´t got very far whit my relatives, can I send a gedcom anyway?
    One major idea with the Talko database is to help fellow researchers and benefit from it yourself. The principle is to submit ones own research ang gain access to the whole database.
    By using the database one should remember that many of the collections are the product of many man years of work, lot of effort and even direct costs. When we use material from the database, we should give credit to the researcher whose material it comes from.
    All new submissions should bring something new to the database. Send me the material you have in gedcom 5.5/ANSI -format to my email address Hasse.Nygard [at] e-brev.nu and I can see what I can do.
    How about living/dead people. In Sweden it´s illegal to write about living people on the internet whitout their approval.
    The database doesn't show more than initials of the given name plus the full surname for living persons. All notes and dates are stipped away. A person will be marked as living if the person hasn't a death date and according to the birth date is less than 100 years old. This means that the person has at least to have the birth date information to be handled properly.
    Shall the gedcom just be whit non living people?
    See above. If the database can figure out if the person is alive (from the birth information) nobody will see more than the initials+the surname.
    This means you needn't filter out the living persons.

Comment

Thanks Hasse!

I´ll send you a file as soon as posible.
      Hälsningar
      Best Regards
      Pia Hägg

Comment

Working...
      X