Kållgranden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kållgranden

I've run across this term several times in 1700's Pedersöre records. Two of distant cousins were listed as born Kållgranden Sudd. The rest of the siblings Sudd, Catternö, Pedersöre. I don't find this place listed on Communion books.
    Any help appreciated.
    Karen

Hi Karen,
    You may be worried about Jakob Johansson
    The same Sudd family in Katternö as other children of Johan Jakobsson and Brita Hansdotter Sudd.
    Here brothers Hans 1757 and Jacob 1760: http://digi.narc.fi/digi/view.ka?kuid=9584818
    Maybe the farm was situated on "Kåll Alley", as Kållgränden translates.

Jaska

Comment

Jaska,
      I was actually referring to the first two daughters of Simon Mattsson Sudd and Anna Ersdotter Mattfolk. Maria 1765 and Margeta 1766. Thank you for the translation.
      Be well.
      Karen

Comment

Jaska,
        Have another puzzle. Lisa Johansdotter Lillkåll 10 Apr 1735, parents listed as Johan Matzson and Maria, Kållgränden. I have her married to Pehr Mickelsson Katt. Rippis have her birth 1741, but death date and age fit the 1735 date perfectly, as does the marriage on FFHA.
        Then there's the case of 2 Marias born to Johan Danielsson Urban. First 12 Mar 1735 and second 8 Apr 1745. I find no death for first Maria. Family trees on Ancestry have her married to Pehr Katt. (Not 1741 either). I found second Maria married to Anders Andersson Steffansnäs in 1770.
        Any thoughts? I know info on Ancestry frequently wrong.
        Karen

Comment

Karen,
          I have it, that Lisa Johansdotter born 10 Apr 1735 belongs to Pettil family and she married Pehr Eriksson Mattfolk (brother of Anna you mentioned) on 4 Nov 1753 in Esse. Her DOB in Esse is recorded as 16 Apr 1734.
          No idea of Pehr Katt's wife's identity. I also have a note that Lisa b. 8 Apr 1745 married to Staffansnäs, and have though the earlier one b. 12 Mar 1739 had died. I have not followed the line though.

Jaska
          Jaska Sarell
          Registered
          Last edited by Jaska Sarell; 25-10-21, 23:01.

Comment

Karen,
            I have some data about Lisa Johansdotter Lillkåll, daughter of Johan Matzson and Maria. According to Släkt o. Bygd #16, Lisa was born 16 Feb. 1740, Katternö, to Johan Larsson Bredarholm, b. 1704, Pedersöre, married 5 Nov 1725, Ped. to Beata Eriksdotter, b. 1704. Lisa was married 26 Oct 1760, Ped. to Pehr Mickelsson Katt, b. 5 Apr 1738, Ped.
            June

Comment

Thank you both. This has been a really confusing search. So much conflicting info out there. It doesn't help when wrong dates are given on rippi and unreadable early records. Bless the recorder in some parishes with beautiful handwriting.
              Karen

Comment

Working...
              X