Finnish handwritted description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finnish handwritted description

Another photography with handwritten description. May I ask for help in translation?
    Attached Files

Hello!

It seems like the writer of the card was not very used to writing in Finnish! However, the text is not impossible to read, so let us give it a try... Some words in the end remain unclear, perhaps there is a name of a place. First a version in standard Finnish:

"Toivo Perkiömäki Aarne Paulamäki Janne Meriruoho

Muistoksi

Nämä miehet ovat tovereita ja ovat kaikki sodassa rintamalla, eivät ole vielä kaatuneet, ovat kaikki käyneet kotona lomalla. No niin, kirjoita pian vastaus jotta saan kuulla jotakin sieltä. Jään odottamaan vastausta. Aina muistossa xxxx xxxxx M Fivek"

" TP AP JM

As a keepsake

These men are (my) comrades in arms and are all in the war at the front, they have not yet died, they have all visited their homes on leave. Well, write a reply soon so that I may hear something from over there. I will be waiting for a reply. Always on (my) mind xxxx xxxxx M Fivek"

Best regards
    Göran Kuhlberg
    Kuhlberg
    Registered
    Last edited by Kuhlberg; 07-01-14, 11:27. Reason: Addition of text

Comment

Thansk a lot for your support. For me it's fascinating info.
      Do you know if these men has Finnish WW2 uniforms?

BTW. Paulamäki is the family name of my grand-grandmother. My Granmother who migrated to Poland named Fiwek.

Best regards
      Wojtek Weber

Comment

I really don´t know about these uniforms... They do look Finnish to me, perhaps somebody with a greater expertise on the matter can say for sure. But don´t you agree with me that the man in the middle has a uniform of a slightly different color? I suppose you don´t have any info on when and where the photo is taken?

Göran

Comment

There is no idea when and by whom this as well as that photographs have been taken. Also the attached photo is mysterious for me. They have been found in the old remaining & papers of my grandma. After her death no one was able to read Finnish descriptions. Seems these papers was send during WW2. I'm trying to figure out any traces helping me to recognize the history of Finnish part of my family.

Wojtek
          Attached Files

Comment

The two photos

These photos surely seem to be from the time of the WWII!

My interpretation: Tämä kuva on rintamalta missä he ovat majoitetut sotapalveluksessa. Aarne lähettää sinulle ja kaikille terveisiä. Sinä olet serkku(?) Aarnelle. Hyvästi odotan vastausta. "This photo is from the front where they are lodged during their service in the war. Aarne sends greetings to you and everybody. You are a (his?) cousin. Good bye I am waiting for a reply". The phrase 'You are a cousin' is quite uncertain, but it is my best guess!

Göran

Comment

Great thanks! My grand-grandmom, Maria Aalina Paulamäki (Fiwek) had siblings. So Aarne is really cousin of my grandmom, Helena Fiwek. Next piece of puzzles on its own place! The photos was most probably sent in fourthies, from Finland, from Maria Aalina Paulamäki (Fiwek) to her married doughter, Helena Fiwek (Weber).

Now the question. How to find any info about Aarne?

Wojtek

Comment

Working...
              X