Probate in Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probate in Michigan

I am hoping someone will tell me there is a way to find a probate or at least an index for a probate for Freedom, Washtenaw, Michigan, 1850-1860 without flying to Michigan and going to the Court Probate office in Ann Arbor. David

David,
    Here's what I found. Probate records may be requested from the Washtenaw County Judge of Probate. Cost for uncertified genealogical use is 50 cents a page. Certified copies are 3.00 for 1st page and 1.00 each additional.
    Both testate and intestate indexes are available to be searched at the Genealogical Society of Washtenaw County Library. They will do a search with you providing as much info as you can, along with a SASE and a suggested donation of 10 dollars. Address is PO Box 7155 Ann Arbor, MI 48107-7155. Address for the Judge of Probate is Washtenaw County Court House PO Box 8645 Ann Arbor, MI 48107-8645. It's worth a try if you have the required info. Name, date of death, address when they died + anything else you know. I think the library index is the best place to start.
    Karen

Comment

David,
      Here's a more complete address for the Probate Court. 101 E Huron St Room 314 Box 8645 Ann Arbor, MI48107-8645. Also an email probate*washtenaw.org. They are in charge of adoption, guardianship, estates, wills etc.

Comment

Michigan probate record

Thank you Karen.
        We have been to Salt Lake for some research and are still on the road. As soon as we are home I will be following up on this issue. Thank you for your guidence. David

Comment

Working...
        X