• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you didn't know

Our local Sons of Norway lodge sent this around:

- Coca-Cola was once green.

- It is impossible to lick your elbow!

- If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes. (Wish I had known this when I lived in Washington, D.C. - they have lots of statues in parks and I could have studied the horses legs.)

- At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!

June
    June

No I Didn`t

June

No, I didn`t, but I am still trying to resist the temptation to lick my elbow though!! And I will look at statues in a different light from now on.
    Gwenda

Comment

Gwenda, you are too funny!

By the way, thanks for filling in for Cooper in his absence!
      Kevin Paavola
      Orlando Florida

Comment

Licking elbows...

My dog, Roxy, is standing here watching me as I am trying to lick my elbow....it is true, this is impossible!

Deb

Comment

June, Well, one out of three isn't bad if you are playing baseball. You may not be able to lick your elbow, but the other two are wrong. Check out the following links:

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/green.asp

http://www.snopes.com/military/statue.htm
          Paul

Comment

Chit chat

If I meet any Sons of Norway, I'll have to tell them about this..

June
            June

Comment

Re One out of Three

June

If it is any comfort, I have been re-reading this thread today, and to add to my previous message, JUST COULD NOT ANY LONGER (excuse shouting!) resist the temptation to lick my elbow. And, guess what???? Nah. Couldn`t do it. So, forget the two out of three, the one out of three was really worth trying. Glad that nobody was watching my attempt though.

Gwenda

Comment

Working...
              X