Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe new members

Hi
    We are 12 genealogists at an evening course in Jakobstad Finland. We are learing to search for realtionships in US by using internet. This evening we get to know how we use Finlander Forum.

Teacher Maja

Ha de så roligt...

...alla Jeppisbor med Finlander forumet. He jöutas noo...

Välkomi mää bara - Välkommen

Comment

Welcome, Maja and class ---

My great-grandfather Matts Jacobsson Pettil Nylund came from Kållby (near your class in Jakobstad, of course) to Metropolitan, Michigan, in early 1892.

I see you yourself are from Larsmo. My great-grandmother, Anna Sofia Mattsdotter Granholm (Matts' wife) was born at Gertruds farm, Eugmo village, Larsmo, in 1861.

Anna Sofia and their daughter Hilda Sofia (my grandmother) came over to Michigan in early summer 1892, to find Matts and settle down on a farm. In those days, life was very difficult for the nybyggare. Northern Michigan is exceedingly cold in the winter (sometimes -40 Fahrenheit), and the soil is usually very poor --- mostly sand.

All the best,
      Jim Bailey
      Greenfield, Indiana

Comment

Your best tip

Please give us ONE of your best tips or link to found our relatives.

My best link www.ellisislandrecords.org passenger arrival records.
        I have found many people and most important where they go, to who they go and who the travel with. It’s also nice to read how tall they were and their color of eyes.

Teacher Maja

Comment

Working...
        X