The Swan family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Swan family

I thought I'd let you know what's happened recently about this family. I approached the editors of FAR (Finnish American Reporter), Norden and Leading Star about publishing articles about the Swan family and all three newspapers published in Dec and Jan. Now Sven is writing an article about Einar Swan's musical career which he hopes to submit to musician publications. He has located Einar's son who has submitted many photos and mementos which Sven plans to include in his story. If anyone knows of an organization interested in publishing the story, I'm sure Sven would be happy to oblige. Sven has also learned that one of Einar's sisters probably had the original manuscript of "When Your Lover Has Gone" and a search for it is being made by the family.

One interesting note I didn't know: I'm not sure if any Finlander members are old enough to remember Jan Peerce, the operatic singer with the Metropolitan Opera? I have some of his recordings from waaay back. In his younger years, Jan Peerce sang and played the violin with the Vincent Lopez orchestra in the 1920s. His real name was Jacob Pincus Perelmuth, but he called himself Pinky Herman in those early years with Lopez.

June
    June

Swan - Peerce

I forgot to include this URL about Jan Peerce - and I didn't know that he was the brother-in-law of Richard Tucker who also had a magnificent voice.

http://www.bach-cantatas.com/Bio/Peerce-Jan.htm

June
    June

Comment

The Swan article by Sven Bjerstedt

The article written by Sven Bjerstedt about the Swan family is now on-line. The article can be found on the SFHS web site at this address
      The article contains a lot of pictures, an extensive pedigree etc.

Comment

The Swan Family

Thanks, Hasse. Needless to say that Sven is thrilled that SFHS has published the entire story.

June
        June

Comment

The Swan story

I received this message from Sven Bjerstedt:

Yes, I am very happy indeed! I realize, of course, my great debt to you and all Finlander forumites who have helped so generously with this fascinating project. You made a difference. Without your kind help I doubt that it would ever have been possible for me to finish the work. Please say thanks to everyone.

Regards,

Sven

June
          June

Comment

Working...
          X