I am visiting Finland May 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am visiting Finland May 2007

My husband and I will be arriving in Helsinki May 3 for a few days. I wish to go visit the Narpes area and hope to find my relatives, of the Konn-Ingstrom families. We are on a very limited budget. Any advice would be much appreciated about renting a car, and where to stay near Narpes.
    Have a lovely day!
    Cheryl Conn

Hi Bearhugs

I can't give you any advice re your trip to Finland, as it is a very, very, long time since I was there, but just want to say have a wonderful time. I am sure you will.
    Gwenda

Comment

A bearhug to Nils-Erik Konn!

Hi!

I suppose you are going to meet my friend Nils-Erik Konn in Närpes. Give him an extra bearhug from me! We have been many years together to Sweden for the Vasaloppet skirace and I appreciate him.

Going to Närpes from Helsinki means that a car rent would be a good solution. Our railroad from Helsinki to the north goes through Seinäjoki to Vasa, where you have to take a bus to Närpes. Not so fast way. Of course you can rent a car in Vasa, too.

Christian Dahlin
      cdahlin
      Registered
      Last edited by cdahlin; 20-04-07, 11:43.

Comment

Christian, I will try to find Nils-Erik Konn while I am in Finland. We have decided to fly from Helsinki to Vasa, where we will meet up with a distant cousin from Närpes. He is kind enough to drive us to Närpes from Vasa. I sent an email to Nils-Erik Konn, maybe he will respond to me! Thanks for the note!!!

Cheryl Conn

Comment

Working...
        X