Family History Finland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family History Finland

Hello, does anyone know what happened to the site that Christopher Rumbaugh had? I believe it was called : Family History Finland - World GenWeb
    It was a nice site, it seemed to have quite a few persons using it, so, I'm just wondering what happened...

Rumbaugh

Yes, I remember Christopher's website - used to refer to it. Maybe the server removed it like AOL did to David Saari and his website. He was going to move it elsewhere, but haven't heard anything more.
    June

Comment

Is this where it is today?

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~finwgw/index.htm
      Best -

Ilmari Kivinen

Comment

Rumbaugh

It's still listed there, but doesn't open.
        June

Comment

The link I posted above does open. I'm just not certain if it is the same information that you were looking for.
          Best -

Ilmari Kivinen

Comment

Rumbaugh

The link opens, but when you click on Rumbaugh, it says Internet Explorer can't open that website.
            June

Comment

Originally posted by June Pelo View Post
              The link opens, but when you click on Rumbaugh, it says Internet Explorer can't open that website.
              Yes, now I see.

Pretty much everything else works on that page.

I did a broad search, and found at least dozens of links to Christopher and Gina Rumbaugh's page and some that didn't list Gina.

Each and every one was a dead end that could not be opened.
              Best -

Ilmari Kivinen

Comment

Family History Finland

Hello members,
                I was able to contact Christopher Rumbaugh, he's an Adult Services Reference Librarian in Corvallis, Oregon. Here's what he said, quote, "The site is long dead and the domain is gone. I maintained it for quite a few years (as well as the World GenWeb Finland as you might recall) but I sort of retired from them both. The ISP folded last March and the site consequently went down. I don't have much time for that kind of thing anymore, although I am somewhat still involved in doing Finnish research. Sorry for the bummer e-mail. Nice to hear from you though. Wish the Finlander Forum folks my regards."
                If you would like to write to him, his address is : christopher.rumbaugh*ci.corvallis.or.us
                Now we know why the site isn't available anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X