Oasis of the Seas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oasis of the Seas

The world's largest cruise ship is now finished and left STX shipyard in Turku, Finland towards home port of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Wikipedia link.

Jaska

The ship

You can see some pictures from this beautiful ship here and also see where the ship is at the moment...

Comment

Cruise ship

There were pictures on TV - it's like a floating city. Hard to believe that something that large can float and not sink to the bottom of the ocean!
      June

Comment

Under the bridge

Last night the vessel went under the Øresund Bridge, one reason of it's not being any higher.
        As the low tide was during the dark, this video clip doesn't show clearly how critical it was.

Jaska

Comment

Allure of the Seas

Today 29 Oct 2010 her sister vessel Allure of the Seas left the shipyard.

Jaska

Comment

Oasis of the Seas

The other evening on TV I watched the Oasis dock, unload, restock and reboard thousands of new passengers for her next trip. The laundry room was washing 6,000 sheets, towels, etc., the food was being loaded, rooms being cleaned and all the windows and balconies were being washed. A little girl forgot to take her teddy bear from her room, and the staff managed to find it for her during all that hustle and bustle. The east coast of Florida was alive with cruise ships of all kinds getting ready to sail. Hard to imagine that many people are taking cruises.
            June

Comment

Yeah I saw the documentary on the construction of the Oasis of the Seas. Pretty cool. My mother takes tons of cruises, and is looking forward to taking one on that ship.

Wish I had the money todo that!
              ---
              Rob Williams

Comment

Working...
              X