Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recognize these cars?

http://www.hs.fi/autot/artikkeli/Tun.../1135252630438
    Fourteen photos of parked cars in Helsinki streets by photographer Leif Rosas taken this winter. Click the image area for enlarged photos.
    Try to pick the correct of two choices! One of them is unrecognizable though.
    Correct answers (except the one) from link "Lumiautovisan oikeat vastaukset".

Jaska

Isn't this amount of snow unusual for Helsinki?

Greetings from North (Florida) about 17 degrees Celsius here but rainy and cloudy--Jennifer

Comment

Isn't this amount of snow unusual for Helsinki?
      Haven't got that much for about 30 years. As it came in rather short period of time, they've had apparent problems of keeping the streets open. And in downtown Helsinki there's no free space to put it, and carrying it away needs time and resources not readily available.

More snowy pictures from Helsinki here.

Jaska
      Jaska Sarell
      Registered
      Last edited by Jaska Sarell; 05-02-10, 21:29. Reason: more

Comment

I've been working with the automotive industries and their suppliers for the last 30 years, but I couldn't identify any of the cars, maybe I don't pay attension to the small details.
        Living about 35-40 miles from the Helsinki center, we also have a lot of snow, look at my gallery at http://www.velhola.com/gallery.htm scroll down and pick the last gallery IceAndSnow to see the snow amount here.

CHeers,

Lasse

Comment

Just had a look at my photos from a week or two back, today we have about double the amount of snow.

Lasse

Comment

Snow

Just heard on the news that a huge winter storm is headed for Washington, D.C. and may dump up to 30 inches of snow there. That will be the most snow that has ever fallen on the city. I lived there when John Kennedy was inaugurated and they had a snowfall that paralyzed the city. They brought in an army of men to help clear the streets so the president could get from the Capitol to the White House during the inauguration parade. Glad I don't live there now.
            June

Comment

Working...
            X