Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for people for video art piece (US)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for people for video art piece (US)

Hello,

I am a Finnish artist and working with a documentary video art piece about historical immigration and how it could relate to today's immigration. I'm looking for people who have Finnish ancestors to interview on camera. Also, the first generation immigrants are considered. I'm interested in integration and what there could be to learn from history to meet the challenges of today's immigration for example in Finland.

INTERVIEW
    The interview questions/themes are for example:
    - What do you know about the family history? Especially from point of view of immigration?
    - Do you remember what you family (for example grandparents) thought about Finland?
    - What do you think about how your family integrated to US?
    - Does immigration play a role in your own identity?
    - What is your general point of you towards today's immigration?

In addition to the interview, I would like to also film people on locations significant to them: places that are important or somehow relate to one's identity.

SCHEDULE
    I'm planning to travel to US in Oct/Nov 2010. I'm taking a freighter travel following the historical routes of the immigrants from Scandinavia. Unfortunately, I can't yet tell the exact date when I'll arrive - the ships don't have very strict schedules. But I'll be first in New York and then willing to travel to places where I can find the people to interview. I will tell about the more definite schedule as soon as I know.

If you're a person interested in the interview or know somebody I could contact, please let me know. Unfortunately, there's no payment for the participating people, but at least you can be a part of nice piece of art work eventually.

Feel free to circulate this message. I'm looking forward hearing from you soon.

All the best,
    Mari Keski-Korsu

ps. Haastattelut voidaan halutessa tehdä myös suomen kielellä.

My contact info

I'm sorry, I totally forgot to place my e-mail to my posting.
    Please contact me to mkk (a) katastro.fi -> replace (a) with *
    Also if you wish to get to know my previous work, please visit my website http://www.artsufartsu.net

Comment

Working...
    X