A new relative!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new relative!

I was browsing and clicked on a message board - found that someone in Finland had posted a query looking for me! I contacted him and after exchanging some data, I found that we are related. I had some of his family in my database, but not his line. So now I'm busy adding more names...
    June

Originally posted by June Pelo View Post
    I was browsing and clicked on a message board - found that someone in Finland had posted a query looking for me! I contacted him and after exchanging some data, I found that we are related. I had some of his family in my database, but not his line. So now I'm busy adding more names...
    Hi June,

A very good example why all these new medias are important for us who have genealogy as an hobby.

Without creating my own websites in the 90's and even more sites later, joining Facebook and a lot of forums, I wouldn't have found even half of my family, or all the other families connected to ours.

Lasse Holm

Comment

Sursill

Lasse,

In today's mail I received a large wall chart, prepared by a relative, of some of the Sursill descendants in the US, as well as some of the well-known ones in Finland such as Sibelius, Mannerheim, etc. He had 14 lines, but said he just found a few more and will be redoing the chart. If he wants some input from me I know of several descendants who could be added - but then the chart would be too large for the wall!
      June

Comment

Originally posted by June Pelo View Post
        Lasse,

In today's mail I received a large wall chart, prepared by a relative, of some of the Sursill descendants in the US, as well as some of the well-known ones in Finland such as Sibelius, Mannerheim, etc. He had 14 lines, but said he just found a few more and will be redoing the chart. If he wants some input from me I know of several descendants who could be added - but then the chart would be too large for the wall!
        June,

Any chance that you could have your relative to submit the data also to us? As you remember beside collecting the Calamnius descendants, we also collect the Sursillians, maybe some day we will have a more uptodate version than the book Genealogia Sursilliana.

Lasse

Comment

Lasse,

Do you want info for additional family in the USA that is from the Sursill line?
          Best -

Ilmari Kivinen

Comment

Originally posted by kivinen1 View Post
            Lasse,

Do you want info for additional family in the USA that is from the Sursill line?
            Ilmari,

We welcome every piece of information about any descendant of the Sursills, then it's a total other story, when we get the info up on the web at www.sursill.net

Lasse

Comment

Originally posted by Lasse1951 View Post
              June,

Any chance that you could have your relative to submit the data also to us? As you remember beside collecting the Calamnius descendants, we also collect the Sursillians, maybe some day we will have a more uptodate version than the book Genealogia Sursilliana.

Lasse
              Lasse,

Yes, we could work up some ahnentafels to send to you.
              June

Comment

Working...
              X