I'm a survivor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a survivor!

Many of you know that 10 years ago I had advanced stage 3 colon cancer with the possibiity of 5 years to live. Ten years later after surgery, treatment, etc. my oncologist discharged me today as a survivor...testing last week showed no signs of cancer. My oncologist was new in town 10 years ago and I was one of his first patients. He felt a special bond with me and hopes I'll stop and visit him from time to time..
    June

That is great news! Congratulations!

Comment

How wonderful, dear friend.

Comment

You're lucky June!

Lasse

Comment

Thank you all. I don't know if it was luck or having a very good oncologist and surgeon. I think they are the best in town..
          June

Comment

Cousin June,
            One more wish for continued good news. On another issue, I have yet to submit my gedcom. The question I have is this. Do I need to prepare a special file where I have removed all of the live people before submission? Should I wait until I have completed all of the citation documentation? Thanks David

Comment

David,

Thanks. As for the GedCom, I think Hasse's program automatically notes living people. I would finish adding the documentation before sutmitting it to save extra work for Hasse.
              June

Comment

June,
                Don't you belive in Sisu?
                Carl V. Lillvik

Comment

Originally posted by June Pelo View Post
                  David,

Thanks. As for the GedCom, I think Hasse's program automatically notes living people. I would finish adding the documentation before sutmitting it to save extra work for Hasse.
                  For living persons that has a birth year registered the software is not showing other than the surname+initials of the given names. Everything else is filtered out.

Comment

Hello Carl. Good to hear from you again... it's been a few years.
                    June

Comment

Great news June! Congratulations!
                      Best -

Ilmari Kivinen

Comment

Working...
                      X