Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I found...

... a link to Mojakka!

Did anyone else have to eat this stuff growing up? Actually my mother would make kalamojakka, i.e., salmon stew. I remember as a kid how yucky I thought it was. But then as a kid, there was nothing that wouldn't taste better with some ketchup! I used to think the whole black peppers she used were pieces of dirt!

Now, as an adult, I probably could eat a bowl and enjoy it.

http://mojakka.com/
    Kevin Paavola
    Orlando Florida

More than just mojakka Kev!

I really enjoyed thinking about that food. There was a Finnish cafeteria in Thunder Bay which my wife and I ate at and it had the same Finnish meatballs recipe as found in the Ojakangas book. mmmm

But that's not all - great stories and I especially liked the one about the guy in Alaska! What great fun and adventures he had up there.
    Thanks Kev for a great link
    Chuck

Comment

a link to Mojakka

Kevin!

I never had a name for it but after checking out the website, this is what I used to try and sneak away with and dump down the toilet!

Now I'm looking forward to trying all the recipes that have been submitted! What a great idea for a website. Thanks for sharing.

--Debbie

Comment

Shocking revelation!

This is absolutely a shocking experience. I remember a kalamojakka at my cousin Alan Maki's place in Iron Mountain, MI.
        Fish floating in it head upwards I think they could have been brook trout.

That would have set you screaming I think

Chuck

Comment

Working...
        X