Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abraham Fredriksson Bergström

Hi,
    Was wondering if anyone had access to church books of Jalasjärvi? I am looking for a birth and death date for my fourth great grandfather, Abram (Abraham) Fredriksson Bergström, married in Jalasjärvi 10 Nov.1822 to Liisa Mattsdr. They had the following children:
    Maria b. 23 May 1824
    Isaac b. 18 Dec. 1825
    Albertina b. 10 Apr. 1828
    Mathias b. 26 Feb. 1830
    Fredrika Vilhelmina b. 6 Mar. 1833
    Greta Sofia b. 13 Dec. 1834 (my 3rd great grandmother)
    Abraham Nicolai b. 1 July 1837
    Jacob b. 16 July 1839
    Lovisa b. 2 Jan. 1841
    All the children were born in Jalasjärvi. Further ancestry would also be greatly appreciated!

Thank-you,
    Best Regards,
    Denise

Seems that Abraham was NOT born in Jalasjärvi. Could not find any birth for him on Hiski for the years 1780-1805 when he is supposed to be born. Hiski calls him a carpenter (snickare).

His Swedish name indicate that he had moved from a swedish parish to Jalasjärvi as an adult.

Christian

Comment

Abraham Bergström

Hi Christian,
      Thank-you for your reply. I was hoping someone would have access to Jalasjärvi books which hopefully would tell where he was born, as like you I did not find him on Hiski. There is a website online from Lauri Kiviniemi that has an Abraham Bergström, born in Virrat, but I would like to verify that it is correct information. http://www.pp.htv.fi/lkivinie/2w/dat725.htm as when I looked at the birthdate on the site for Virrat, there is only a Fredric born on that date of 12 Oct. 1792 on Hiski to an unmarried mother named Maria Henricsdr. and on SSHY the wrong child is also listed in Virrat bible books in 1792, so I don't think that is a correct birthdate for Abraham.
      I was told Abraham may be part of the Sursill Family Tree, but there is not a way of searching that site to see anything on him. http://www.sursill.net/index.html
      I agree with you, Christian, that Abraham Bergström's name is Swedish. Thank-you for your reply. I appreciate it.

Best Regards,
      Denise

Comment

Perfect match!

Your source mentioned Abraham Bergström as a carpenter (nikkari) which is exactly what was in Jalasjärvi. Marriage date is the same, wife's name the same. I would like to congratulate you to a perfect match! I believe that this is what you were looking for.

Christian

Comment

Abraham Fredriksson Bergström

Hi Christian,
          On Hiski the only child born on the date of 12 Oct. 1792 in Virrat is a Fredric, to an unmarried mother by the name of Maria Henricsdr.

Virrat - Virdois
          Christened
          Born / Christened 12.10.1792 13.10.1792
          Village / Farm Kiviniemi
          Father - -
          Mother Maria Henricsd:r
          Child Fredric (oä)

I am attaching the bible page from Virrat and it is not Abraham Fredriksinpoikä Bergström born in 1792. That is why I feel there is an error on
          http://www.pp.htv.fi/lkivinie/2w/dat725.htm regarding Abraham's birth. I see no sources for the information on this site and am trying to verify with books from Jalasjärvi as to where he was born and the date, because both Hiski and SSHY have a Fredric born on that date, not Abraham.

Thank-you Christian for your reply.
          Sincerely,
          Denise

I have tried to attach the page number 125 from 1792 in Virrat but cannot get the image to attach even after compressing the file. http://www.sukuhistoria.fi/sshy/sivu...o.php?bid=3024

Sorry

Comment

OK!

I understand your situation. As you know this is not the first time you get the wrong birthdate or -place in a database. If you could find his death date in Jalasjärvi, it would perhaps tell about his exact age and this way verify the birthdate.

Unfortunately I do not have any access to Jalasjärvi churchrecords so I can't help you with this. There is another site with mainly Finnish genealogical threads. Perhaps this site could help you? As you see, most of the sites here are from the west and south coast of Finland.

Christian

Comment

Denise,
              Have you found information about Abraham Fredriksson Bergström,
              I've done some search around him for a friend, and according to my notes, he was died 18th of Dec 1857 in Jalasjärvi

Comment

Hi M1nna,
                Yes, I do have the death date for Abraham Fredriksson Bergström.
                Thank-you. How is your friend connected to him?

Best Regards,
                Denise
                Denise
                Registered
                Last edited by Denise; 23-05-09, 21:20.

Comment

Hi Denise

I've been lucky enough to find my cousins in USA, but it was very interesting story for me to find Kathy's story too. She is cousin to my secound cousin, but not related to me (well, not yet i should say)

Anyway, she came here couple of years ago with my second cousin and i did some genealogy for her. They even had a small family meeting in Jalasjärvi.

I'd be happy to know how you are related to Abraham Frediksson..`

Did you know that Wilhelmina Johansdr Kukkonen/Krona/Soini/ was a daughter of Johan Jacob Nielsson Bergström/Krona/kukkola/Soini född 16.3.1884 Jalasjärvi?

Comment

Hi M1nna,
                    Yes I did! and do you know that this family tree leads to royalty?

Denise

Comment

I forgot to answer how I am related to Abraham Fredriksson Bergström. He is my 4th great grandfather on my mom's paternal side.

Denise

Comment

Denise,
                        Here's your Abraham Bergström and family in Yli-Jokipii, Jalasjärvi in 1845-1851. I enlarged to make it readable. It does verify his date and place of birth. From image 412 on Arkivet, Jalasjärvi. It took alot of searching page by page.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Karen,
                          Stop the search as I have all of Abraham's information. But, I thank-you so much!!! I have thousands of names from that lineage now, and I can now be called "Your Higness" or "Your Lowness", whatever!

Love,
                          Cousin,
                          Denise

Comment

Karen,
                            M1nna answered a post I originally posted in February 2008 so she is asking questions about Abraham today from a very old post. Thank-you,
                            Love,
                            Denise

Comment

M1nna,
                              Vilhelmiina was married to a Jonas William Carlson b. 05.04.1884 and immigrated to the USA. Correct?

Denise

Comment

Working...
                              X