• Show
Clear All

• Siitaris/siiters wanted

Still have some questions about my finnish family:
    1. Johannes/Jussi Siitari b. 21 June 1885 Kangasniemi, Rauhajärvi, Finland
    -He emigrated 9 Dec 1905 to USA
    -He married in USA Ida/ Eda ?
    -World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918, Marquette, Michigan
    wife Eda, Mountain, Marquette, Michigan.
    Not contacts with relatives after 1905.

2. Who was John Siitari b. 5 Now, 1883 ? He emigrated to USA (Ellis)
    -World War I Draft Registration Cards 1917-18.
    It tells that his wife called Maria

3. Hilda Siitari b. 23 April 1896 Mikkeli. She emigrated April 2.4.1913 Duluth, Michigan (Hilma "Sutari" Ellis)
    Her 1. husband was called John Kauvo
    Her 2. husband, the surname was Aho
    That`s all I know about Hilda, the sister of my grandmother

All messages are welcome
    Marjatta Siitari

On Family Search, I found a marriage for a John Siiteri 28, abt 1887 Finland to Ida Makela 27, abt 1888 Finland on 20 Jan 1915 in Marquette, MI. Groom's parents Tobias Siiteri and Lovisa Romo. Brides parents Jno J Makela and Adelfina Makela.

John Kauvo 10 Jan 1896 Viipuri, Finland died 26 Aug 1945 Saybrook township, Ashtabula, OH. Wife Hilda.
    There is also a death for an unnamed baby Kauvo on 2 Aug 1928 father John Kauvo, mother Hilda Cedar. Could be a misspelling of Siiteri. I don't know if this is your Hilda. John's WWII Draft Reg says he was born 10 Jan 1886.
    Karen Norwillo
    Registered
    Last edited by Karen Norwillo; 11-01-10, 21:30.

Comment

Thank you very much

Fine. They are both right Siitaris. John`s parents really were Tobias and Lovisa. I have got a photo of John (Jussi) Siitari and his wife. Now I want search this Ida Mäkelä.It seems she was a Finn.

My cousins in USA have told how difficult their surname is to write correct. Hilda Cedar/Sutari was the sister of my grandmother.
      Thank you a lot for this help.
      Marjatta Siitari

Originally posted by Karen Norwillo View Post
      On Family Search, I found a marriage for a John Siiteri 28, abt 1887 Finland to Ida Makela 27, abt 1888 Finland on 20 Jan 1915 in Marquette, MI. Groom's parents Tobias Siiteri and Lovisa Romo. Brides parents Jno J Makela and Adelfina Makela.

John Kauvo 10 Jan 1896 Viipuri, Finland died 26 Aug 1945 Saybrook township, Ashtabula, OH. Wife Hilda.
      There is also a death for an unnamed baby Kauvo on 2 Aug 1928 father John Kauvo, mother Hilda Cedar. Could be a misspelling of Siiteri. I don't know if this is your Hilda. John's WWII Draft Reg says he was born 10 Jan 1886.

Comment

On the Delta County Genealogical site, there is a John Siitari buried in the Rock Cemetery, but the date of birth doesn't match. John Siitari 5 Sept 1890-24 Sept 1960. There is also a Helmi Siitari 6 Nov 1899-10 Sept 1988.

Comment

Johannes Siitari

Yes. This Johannes Israelss Siitari took the name John in USA, too. Johannes and Helmi Kuva, Siitari emigrated 1913. Their grandchildren are living in Wisconsin.
          Many thanks for the messages.
          Marjatta S

Originally posted by Karen Norwillo View Post
          On the Delta County Genealogical site, there is a John Siitari buried in the Rock Cemetery, but the date of birth doesn't match. John Siitari 5 Sept 1890-24 Sept 1960. There is also a Helmi Siitari 6 Nov 1899-10 Sept 1988.

Comment

Hilda Siitari/Sutari/Cedar

Hello dear Karen N.
            "My Hilda" married after John Kauvo`s dead with Joel Aho. Have now been trying to find him, but not result. There are so many men called Aho, I know only the name and he must be born in USA, not children.
            If you can help me, I`m happy again.
            Marjatta S

There is also a death for an unnamed baby Kauvo on 2 Aug 1928 father John Kauvo, mother Hilda Cedar. Could be a misspelling of Siiteri. I don't know if this is your Hilda. John's WWII Draft Reg says he was born 10 Jan 1886.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Sorry a mistake

The surname of Helmi Maria was Auer, born in Vehkajärvi, Finland.
              Marjatta S

Originally posted by siitma View Post
              Yes. This Johannes Israelss Siitari took the name John in USA, too. Johannes and Helmi Kuva, Siitari emigrated 1913. Their grandchildren are living in Wisconsin.
              Many thanks for the messages.
              Marjatta S

Comment

Working...
              X