Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking information on: JAKOB REINHOLD LYGDMAN, b. October28, 1880 in Oravais.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jr Lygdman

Denise,

Many many thanks for all your searching. I think he might have
    died before getting into the Social Security system wich became
    operational in 1935. Other Lygdmanns are listed in the SSDI but
    not Jakob.

thanks again

Bill
    w.g.wright

Comment

I am Christopher Lydman. I have information that Jacob was related to my father Ralph. Please contact me at clydman*netzero.com

Comment

Jakob Reinhold Lygdmann

Greetings Christopher,

Several of us have been collecting information about JRL and are trying
        find out just what happened to him and where he might have gone after
        1936, during which time he had visited our home here in the United States
        and then seems to have disappeared. Hoping you might have some infor-
        mation to share with us. Feel free to write me c/o Lasare2*aol.com

Regards Bill Wright
        w.g.wright

Comment

Looking at all the immigration records, 28 May 1910 to Metropolitan, MI.
          17 May 1913 to Fitchburg, MA. Says in US 1910-1912 in Amasa, MI. In June 1924 he is on the Canada-US Border Crossings, landed in Montreal, Quebec, going to Worcester, MA.He is called Reynold Jacob Lydman here. All say he is from Oravais, Finland and has a wife Signe Lydman. WWI Draft Reg has a Jacob Reano Lydman born 28 Sep 1880, Finland, carpenter, which was the occupation given on immigration, brother John Lydman in Worcester. This was in Baltimore, MD. DOB off by a month.

Comment

Jacob Reinhold Lydman

Originally posted by Karen Norwillo View Post
            Looking at all the immigration records, 28 May 1910 to Metropolitan, MI.
            17 May 1913 to Fitchburg, MA. Says in US 1910-1912 in Amasa, MI. In June 1924 he is on the Canada-US Border Crossings, landed in Montreal, Quebec, going to Worcester, MA.He is called Reynold Jacob Lydman here. All say he is from Oravais, Finland and has a wife Signe Lydman. WWI Draft Reg has a Jacob Reano Lydman born 28 Sep 1880, Finland, carpenter, which was the occupation given on immigration, brother John Lydman in Worcester. This was in Baltimore, MD. DOB off by a month.
            Dear Karen,
            Thank you for this information that you have given. This is one step forward. I have for many years tried to find out what happened to Jacob who was my maternal grand-father. My last trace of him was his landing document from Halifax, NS in May 1924 and a note made by one of his brothers that he died in the US in 1936. Now we know that he went to Worcester, MA in 1924. His second eldest brother John Alfred was living in Worsester with his family. We also know that he visited with people in New Jersey some time between 1924 and 1936. I have tried to find out where and when he died and where he was buried. So far no luck but I keep on hunting.

Kerstin Larsson, Jacob's grand daughter

Comment

Lygdman

Victor Lygdman, Jr listed his father as Victor Lygdman, born in Paljak, Oravais in 1901, and uncle, Edvin Johan Lygdman born ? in his membership application to SFHS in 1992. He didn't renew his membership after 1994. Don and I visited him in an apartment for low income seniors once, and his memory seemd to be going. I just looked him up on White Pages and his address and phone number are still listed at the same address as his membership a dozen years ago. He's not in the Social Security Death Index so he's probably still residing there. You might try writing him.

Victor Lygdman
              home

1700 17th Ave

Seattle, WA 98122-2753

Phone (206) 322-5967

Regards, Syrene
              Support SFHS - Building a bridge back to Finland!

Comment

I recently saw the Lygdman name in SoB#33, Tab. 13:
                Hugo August Hellund, b. 1901, married 1935 Svea Maria Eriksdotter Lygdman, b. 11 Oct 1907 (no indication where). The couple was childless. I noticed several of Hugo's relatives went to America.

June
                June

Comment

The Lydman/Lygdman family

I am so happy for every little detail that I may come across. I am still stuck on June 1924 in my search for my maternal grandfather Jacob Reinhold Lydman/Lygdman. In June 1924 he went to Worcester, MA where his second eldest brother was living. I also know that he some time after that was visiting with friends in New Jersey. He may also have been living somewhere in New Jersey, but where do I commence my search. If he was living in a boarding-house for example or if he was a lodger, where can I search for his name? Obviously he called himself Reynold Jacob Lydman in 1924 when going to Massachusetts. If anybody comes across anything on him I would be very grateful to get to know the result. I still hope to find out when and where he died and where he was buried.

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                    I know it's been a long time, and I found this thread in doing my own genealogy research. A search result for Jakob Reinhold Lygdman came up, and now that aI am registered here, I can respond.
                    My grandmother's family, from Kuckus near Oravais, immigrated almost entirely to upper peninsula Michigan, right around 1900.

My great great grandfather Karl "Charles" Winqvist moved to Michigan along with all of his children, my wife and I visited the grave of his wife Maria Bergman Winqvist in Oravais. Winqvist was a "late in coming" family name, perhapsd in respond to the Russian mandate that each family "modernize" and take on one official surname.

Karl's daughter Signe Winqvist married Jakob Reinhold Lygdman and they raised four children in Michigan: Helme Alice, Arthur William, Mary Johanna, and Ede Severus.

I'm in California because both older sons (Karl Johan and Gustaf Reinhold) perished, under the harsh conditions there, within a year of arriving. My widowed great-grandmother Maria headed from Kuckus to Berkeley, where her sister already lived. (I'm still looking for more information, the records shown via Ancestry dot com are rather muddled.)

Again, sorry this is so late in coming, and I hope it's helpful.
                    Sincerely, Paul Carlson
                    Hayward, California

Comment

Working...
                    X