INGRID NORDQVIST, b. 1902

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INGRID NORDQVIST, b. 1902

Seeking information on: my grandmother, INGRID NORDQVIST, b. 1902 in Dragsfjärd. My grandmother’s brother, FRANK NORDQUIST b. 1898, according to the 1930 census, lived with his family at 222 Walcott Ave, Hampstead, Nassau, NY. Their father was GUSTAF KONRAD NORDQVIST, and their mother was EDLA SOFIA HELE- NIUS On the Ellis Island site, Frank is listed as having arrived in NY as a seaman at Higho on January 22, 1921 under the name F. Nordkvist. Frank was married to Signe and they have a daughter Marion (about 3 years old in 1930). There is hope that Marion is still alive, so I urgently need more information about this family. I hope to contact Marion personally.
    Cessi Hindström
    Rekrytvägen 9 20810 Åbo, Finland

Search at Swenson - results are negative.

Hej Cessi,
    Churches searched for baptismal entries where I hoped to find a birthdate and middle name:

Messiah Lutheran, Bronx, S183 [Swenson id]
    Immanuel Lutheran, Brooklyn S188-2
    Bethany Covenant, Corona S85
    Pilgrim Lutheran, Bronx S182 [a Finnish church]
    Salem Lutheran, Brooklyn S184
    Gustavus Adolphus, NY S190-3
    I looked for Marion and variations of the spelling such as Marian, Marianne, etc. I did not find a Marion who was born to a Nordqvist or Nordquist during the timeframe of 1924-1939. I widened the search.
    Perhaps the Nordquists lived somewhere else when Marion was born or they might have had her baptised at a local church in Hempstead.
    Chuck

Comment

Working...
    X