This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryss family from Solf, Finland by Karen Monson

Seeking information on family of my paternal grandfather Anders August Jonasson Ryss, date of birth February 13, 1870 in Solf, took name August Johnson when he immigrated to the U.S. - (parents: Jonas Israelsson Ryss, born November 14, 1818 in Solf, and Anna Lisa Johansdotter Enholm, born May 05, 1827). Searching for family of Anders August's sister Brita Lisa Jonasson Ryss, date of birth November 09, 1860 who moved from Solf to Sweden.
    Also Anders August and Brita Lisa's half-brother Johan Erik Jonasson Ryss, born October 05, 1849 in Solf - (parents: Jonas Israelsson Ryss, born November 14, 1818, and Ulla Beata Eriksdotter Nordman-Ryss, born December 17, 1811, died July 14, 1857) married Albertina Wahlstedt, born August 13, 1842 in Korsholm - they moved to Sweden in 1875, then back to Solf and immigrated to U.S. in 1888, along with children Christina Sofia Johansdotter Ryss, born April 23, 1875 in Sundsvall, Sweden, and Anna Lovisa Johansdotter Ryss, born August 15, 1878 in Solf. Perhaps there are descendents in the U.S. who would recognize these names.
    There were two other half-siblings of my grandfather:
    Jonas Jonasson Ryss, born August 28, 1845 in Solf, moved in 1873 to unknown place (America?)
    Ulrika Sofia Jonasdotter Ryss, born May 20, 1847 in Solf, moved to unknown place (America?)

Re: Ryss family from Solf, Finland by Ulf Sjöström

I know some relatives of the Ryss family who nowadays live in Umeå, Sweden but who originate from the village of Kantlax in Munsala, Nykarleby. Their current surename is Asplund.

The name Ryss

Dear Ulf:
    Could you tell me about the Ryss/Asplund people you know? Perhaps I could write to them. I am interested in anything that you may know.

Do you know how they are related to my ancestors?
    Karen
    Karen

Comment

Ryss

Karen,

If you don't already have the ancestry of your Ryss family, it can be found in Ulla Höglund's data on the Talko database.

June
      June

Comment

Ryss family

Dear June:

Yes, I have a great deal of records on the Ryss and Enholm (my great-grandparents) family, and have information from Ulla Höglund. I don't think I can access Talko database as I haven't submitted any genealogy myself. I wish I could access it. However, I am seeking descendents of my paternal grandfather Anders August Jonasson Ryss's half-brothers and half-sister, and also descendents of Anders August Jonasson Ryss's sister, Brita Lisa Jonasdotter Ryss. Brita Lisa immigrated to Sweden and I have located a descendent of hers.
        The half-brothers and half-sister, may have all immigrated to the United States, but I have no idea what surname they may have used. My grandfather changed his name to August Johnson, but the others may have used a different name.

Thank you June, for the suggestion to contact Ulla. I appreciate it. You are always so helpful.
        Karen

Comment

Ryss

I have a Hans Henrik Hansson Ryss, b. 1798, married to Anna Jakobsdotter Räf from Munsala. Their descendants changed their name to Renvall. I don't have any further data.

June
          June

Comment

Re: Ryss

Hi!

In my file I have Christina Pettersdotter Ryss 1770-1842, prob. born in Vasa.
            Parents: Petter pettersson Ryss 1739-1803 and Eva Danielsdotter 1741-1798.
            This only for your info.

Gunnel

Comment

Henrik Ryss listed as Ryso at Ellis Isl.

I was looking for Rysso and I tried it as Rysso and found similar names, etc and I was surprised to see a guy named Ryso so I looked and well, this guy is definitely Ryss so if he's yours, here he is

Chuck
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by June Pelo View Post
                I have a Hans Henrik Hansson Ryss, b. 1798, married to Anna Jakobsdotter Räf from Munsala. Their descendants changed their name to Renvall. I don't have any further data.

June
                Hans Henrik Hansson Ryss, b. Aug. 27, 1798, Ryss, Monå, Munsala, married c, 1819, Anna Jakobsdotter Räf, b. Jan 5, 1798, Röf, Kantlax, Munsala. They had 3 children, Greta, Anders and Jakob, b. 1833, d. 1910,, m. Beata Mattsdotter Sundqvist. Hans was also married to Kajsa Eriksdotter Knuts.
                Hans is my third cousin Denis William Laggar's 3rd cousin 5 times removed, who all live in Durban, South Africa. He lso had many relatives in Astoria, OR and there sre many Renvall relatives in this Släkt

Roy Lager (Laggar)

Comment

Working...
                X