No announcement yet.

Pollari Family from Vaasa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the Nordberg family in Lapua communion book 1889-98 p.1304.
    Jaakko Oskari is probably the eldest of the children, already married with children of his own.
    Attached Files
    Merja Syrjämäki
    Tampere/Tammerfors, Finland

Comment

Jaakko Pollari birth record and Ylistaro communion book records

Hi,
      The first image is Jacob´s birth record from Ylistaro birth records 1881, p.506. As you can see, the father has surname Kalvesmäki.
      There is also images from Ylistaro communion book. The family first rented a farm in Kaukola village, Nyrhilä (communion book 1877-86 p.414). Surname (possibly farm name?) was Kalvesmäki which is also recorded when the family is living in the Pollari farm in Kaukola village (communion book 1877-86 p.570). After Jaakko´s father died, his mother moved with the children to her childhood home Malkamäki (communion book 1877-86 p.1170 and communion book 1887-96 p.1846). The other persons in Malkamäki page are Jaakko´s maternal great-grandfather and grandmother. The name of his grandfather is also recorded but he is deceased at the time.
      You can also see from the records that all three of Jaakko´s siblings died before marrying.
      Unfortunately some of the images are of poor quality. If you have trouble reading them, let me know!
      Attached Files
      Merja Syrjämäki
      Tampere/Tammerfors, Finland

Comment

With the new info you sent me, here is the family of Ida and Carl Tolo in Duluth. You'll see some of the Pollari (Ballari) children listed. On the second image is one of the daughters and her child. Looks like she is divorced. I did not find an Ida Tolo on the MN Death Records Index. I did find a Charles Tolo who died 29 Mar 1940 in St Louis county, MN. A Walter Tolo 12 Jul 1918-13 Nov 1902 Duluth and a Carl Ernest Tolo who died 15 Dec 1921. Found several births for Carl Arnold Tolo and his wife in the 50's. Don't know if that's their son.
        Attached Files

Comment

Tolo-Pollari

Thanks for all the research! You are wonderful. The funny thing about that census record with the daughter Alberta Charette and her child, Richard is that the census taker wrote down that he was a grand-daughter. My cousin will get a laugh out of that!

Joan

Comment

I know, I had to laugh at that also.
            From the MN Birth and Death Records , I found these:
            Carl Arnold Tolo born 15 Dec 1925 mmn Pollari
            Charles Ernest Tolo 19 Jun 1921, died 15 Dec 1921 mmn Norberg
            Walter Tolo born 12 Jul 1918 mmn Nordberg
            These are all in St Louis county, MN

Comment

Joan,
              I don't know why on all the ship's manifests and census images Ida's year of birth always comes out to 1881, not 1879, unless she gave the wrong age. The manifests certainly appear to be the correct family. 1881 was her husband's year.
              Karen

Comment

Pollari Nordberg Families from Ylistaro

Thanks so very much to all of you who have done research and posted here. My mother was ill and I was busy taking care of her so I did not come back to the forum for a couple of years. I am back now and ready to work hard to fill in the gaps in my family tree.

Joan Sanaker

Comment

Hello Merja,

How can I get a copy of these records? I tried to print from the thumbnail but it did not work. Thanks.

Comment

Joan,
                    First click on image to open and enlarge, then right click on that image and select "print." I printed it and it came out full-size.

Comment

you can also save the image to your computer by right clicking and selecting Save Image As...

Comment

Working...
                      X