Farm Map Lapua area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farm Map Lapua area

I have a farm map that was sent to me by someone in Finland a few years ago. It was supposed to show the farm where my husband's grandfather was born. The GF was Matti Pakkala born Dec 21 1879 on the Erkkila farm in Lapua. In looking at the picture I don't see any names such as Pakkala, Kriivarimaki (Matti's father) or Erkkila. I also don't understand what the letters in the top right indicate, they are YLIKYL, there may be more that are missing. I put an arrow on the map after a cousin visited Finland and said that was "about" where the farm was. Should it not say one of the above names on it? Thanks- Nancy Pakkala

Try this Citizen's Map of farms and farm names:

You can select English at the bottom, and then in the search boxes enter on the first on Pakkala and Lapua on the second box.

You can see both black and white aerial images or a map if you select from the options in the upper right.

You can then + or - to get more or less detail.

Does this coincide with the info you have?

http://kansalaisen.karttapaikka.fi/k...g=en&mode=orto
    Best -

Ilmari Kivinen

Comment

Farm map Lapua

Ilmari,
      I just found your reply with the link to the aerial view of the Pakkala farm. Did I understand that this was taken in 2006-2008?
      I also sent you another reply, not sure how this Finlander forum works although I have been registered for about 3 years but have not used it in a long time. Were you able to view the farm map that I attached to my message? Do you have any idea what YLIKYL means? Thanks for the link.
      Nancy

Comment

Nancy,

Sorry, I saw no attachment of a map from you.

Maybe you can show me where it is?
        Best -

Ilmari Kivinen

Comment

Farm map-Lapua

Ilmari,
          I did send an attachment with my original post but I don't see it either. If you would send me your email address, I will send it to you directly. My email is nlpakkala*aol.com. Maybe my file was too big.
          Nancy

Comment

Working...
          X