Kristianstad and Skona, Sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kristianstad and Skona, Sweden

I have a request for help finding ancestors in Sweden. Here's the way the data was written to me:

Carrie Hanson, b. 21 Dec. 1856, Skona, daughter of Per Hans Swenson and Sigrid Pearson from Kristianstad. Carrie went to America and married Peter Anderson 16 Aug 1884 in Duluth, MN.

If anyone has data or suggestions, I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks,

June
    June

Duluth tomorrow

Hi June,
    I shall be pleased to check Swenson's Duluth church microfilms.
    Lutherans first of course because they have the best records.

Chuck

Comment

Kristianstad and Skåne, Sweden

I searched Gloria Dei Lutheran E121, E122, Bethel Lutheran/Elim Lutheran E120, and Bethany Lutheran E119 and then lst Covenant S448-2 but I found nobody. I did find Bethel/Elimin a Petter Herman Anderson but when I looked at him, he was the wrong age and from the wrong län marriage recordthere began in 1889 so very unhelpful and no marriage records were of use elsewhere.
      I tried to check emigranten cd and now that I understand these names a bit more, I might find something there.
      There are no Swedish lang newspapers published in Duluth prior to 1887 so no help to find a marriage notice and perhaps locate where they married.
      If you know where Peter Anderson came from in Sweden plus his age/birthdate, that might give us some clues. What about brothers and sisters? Well, of course you know the drill so if anything more is known, it could be useful.

Chuck

Comment

Chuck,

Thanks for your efforts. I think they're really interested in finding out more about Carrie Hanson and her parents Per Hans Swenson and Sigrid Pearson in Sweden. In the meantime, I'll see if they know anything more about Peter Anderson.

June
        June

Comment

Emigranten cd search

Hi June,

OK, I will check emigranten cd at Swenson tomorrow.
          I am assuming that the parents did not emigrate.

Chuck

Comment

Is this our Carrie also?

This Carrie Hanson arrived in NY aboard the Baltic from Liverpool August 28, 1922
            She is a naturalized citizen living in Duluth so if the address is known, that would decide if this were her or somebody else.

Her age is given as 57 which puts her birthyear as 1865 which is the only discrepancy noticed.

Chuck
            Attached Files

Comment

DDSS (Demographical Database for Southern Sweden

Hi June,
              Here is a link to the Demographical Database for Southern Sweden.
              http://www.ddss.nu/engelsk/default.asp

I tried only the date of birth for Carrie and this result showed
              1856-12-21 Karna Hans Svensson N-o 3 Hjersåslilla Sissa Pehrsdotter Knislinge

then I double clicked on the date (at the site) and more information came up about witnesses at the Christening.

Good luck.
              Jeanette

Comment

Chuck,

The Carrie Hanson you found isn't the correct person. Here is additional info:

She arrived in the early 1880s They were married in Duluth 16 Aug 1884 and they lived in Duluth for some time after they were married, as their young child, Edward Anderson, was killed as he ran across the railroad tracks in Fond du Lac, which is a part of Duluth. They moved to Moose Lake, Minnesota in the 1880's as their youngest child was born there in 1895. His older brothers and sisters were also born in Moose Lake.

I know this isn't very specific but the family can't find anything more definite right now - without tearing the house apart!

Thanks,

June
                June

Comment

Kristianstad and Skona

Jeanette,

Thank you for the URL - I'll pass it on.

June
                  June

Comment

Working...
                  X