Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York marriage

Looking for marriage in New York 1907. Groom Reinhold Anderson
    Finland, bride Alina Back Korsholm Finland b.27.4.1888.Does anybody know where to look for it.

christer

New York Information

Hi Christer,
    I'm not sure that this site will contain the information you're seeking but most every state has a "genweb" site. Each state varies in the content as they're individually maintained by volunteers. They usually contain some census records, vital records (birth/death/marriage), cemetary listings, etc. They usually also have a section for volunteer lookups.

Give it a try:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~nygenweb/
    Kevin Paavola
    Orlando Florida

Comment

Hi Christer,
      Many Finlanders were married in “Finska Sjömanskyrkan i New York” ( The Finnish Seamen’s Church in NY) These records are microfilmed and available on archives in Finland at least in Helsinki and Mariehamn. I copied a number of pages a year ago, but for the year 1907 I have only 10 marriages copied, recorded between 23 Nov 1907 to 21 Dec 1907. Also the childrens births are recorded in the same church ( and confirmations). I plan to go to Mariehamn in the end of March next time and I can check the records for the whole year of 1907.
      Ingemar

Comment

Swenson has something for Finsk-Sv Lutheran Mission

NEW YORK HARLEM FINSK-SV LUTH MISS FR L 1900 S-81 MEMB-1904

Looks as if only membership list but it is a short reel so will check it next Tuesday.

chuck

Comment

Not on the S81 membership list

As I expected, I did not find then so I hope the marriage list is found in Finnish archives.
          We also know they didn't marry in that covenant church because they didn't appear on it - that's where Hugo and Edith appeared as witnesses to different weddings.
          If it's not found at the archives, I can try other church microfilms at Swenson.

Chuck

Comment

New York marriage

Thanks for your try Chuck Have to wait and see if Ingemar find
            something in Mariehamn.

Christer

Comment

Finnish seaman's marriages list

http://sfhs.eget.net/NYSeamensChurch...-Extract-49575

Hi Christer,
              I found by some dumb luck Ingemar's list which is of Ålanders. Notice where it is housed.
              There is more to this sfhs website than just this forum!

Unfortunately I did not see Reinhold Anderson and Alina Back.

Chuck

Comment

NY State Marriages

Hi Christer,

If you are unable to locate a genealogy site for marriages in New York, these sites may be useful.

New York State Department of Health Vital Records
                http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh.../genealogy.htm

NEW YORK CITY VITAL RECORDS AT THE MUNICIPAL ARCHIVES
                http://nyc.gov/html/records/html/vit...rds/home.shtml

It appears that a personal visit saves much money and time.

I hope you find a site or a lookup volunteer to help.

Jeanette

Comment

Finnish Seamens Mission Church

Hi Christer,
                  I came home today from Mariehamn, Åland and I have reviewed the church records and took a lot of photos.
                  I checked more carefully the marriage records for 1905 - 1909 after Reinhold Andersson and Alina Back but unfortunately I did not found them. For the year 1907 it was about 130 couples that were married in the Finnish Seamens Mission Church. I will review the photo records I have if I have missed them.

Hi Chuck,
                  I remember that you are looking for surname MÄKI and I took also notes of some of them. Please find them in attached RTF-file.

Happy Easter
                  Ingemar
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X