This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google map

I entered the Google Map interface to the Finlander.

Here you may look up your location and "put a pin" -marker where you are from. I would suggest that you don't put really exact addresses - neighbourhood or city should do. Too exact addresses isn't to recommend!

You can now find the menu item "Googemap ME" in the menu row left of the Calendar link. Choose that and and click your entry. Enter a marker title (name, place ot such). Put in the marker text. Again for example a short describing sentence.

Click on the location where you live, use the "scale" to the left to enlarge the map. After you have the pointer somewhere near where you live or in the city you live in - click the "update the information". In case you succeeded in getting your pin in the wrong place you can always change the location within the Googlemap.

Hasse

Google map

Hasse,

I tried 4 times and each time I try to click on Florida, the map moves out into the South Pacific. So I gave up. Nice idea, if it would only work.

June
    June

Comment

This is very cool Hasse...I think I did it - please check it out to see for me...I cut and pasted the URL to my profile...is that right?
      Thanks
      Alice - Michigan

Comment

The map

Originally posted by Alice Finnerty View Post
        This is very cool Hasse...I think I did it - please check it out to see for me...I cut and pasted the URL to my profile...is that right?
        Thanks
        Alice - Michigan
        Yes, you had done everything ok.

The handling of the map is a little tricky when trying to position your pin. There is a difference between double clicking and clicking the map etc.

I noticed that you copied your address into your URL location in the profile. This URL field is perhaps more meant for putting in ones hope page address if one has a such. The Google position link could be posted into the signature field if one wants. For me it is sufficiant when the pin shows on the big map - amongst all the other pins...

Comment

Dahlin location

Hello Hasse!

A very interesting feature to this site! Thank you!

Something went wrong when I put my location to the map, so my pointer is ab. 500 m away from my exact position, but I think it will do. You mentioned that exact position is not recommended.

Christian

Comment

Pointer

You can always change the location of your pointer by clicking "Your entry" and fiddling around with the pin trying to get it to stick at the right spot - using the enlargement tool for better accuracy.

But - as previously said - it doesn't need to be too exact. Maybe just to indicate from what area you are? But it is up to you how exact you are. My pointer is approx 300 m from the front door...

Comment

Thanks for the map!

My pin is in although I should have described my location as the sauna without walls (about 4 months out of the year).
              KSA

Comment

Hej!
                Prövade att 'sätta' in min nål på kartan. Ser att jag kan göra märkningen mera exakt ... går det att delita mitt försök och göra om uppmärkningen?

//kaj

Comment

Originally posted by timren View Post
                  Hej!
                  Prövade att 'sätta' in min nål på kartan. Ser att jag kan göra märkningen mera exakt ... går det att delita mitt försök och göra om uppmärkningen?

//kaj
                  Jo - man kan såklart stryka sin nål, men du borde också ha en länk "Your entry" på sidan. Där kan du helt interaktivt flytta din nål, förstora emellan och flytta på nytt. Sedan såklart spara.

Comment

Hej och tack för tippset ... en liten fundering.
                    Är det möjligt att från 'View profile' / kontakt info göra en länk till google map för respektive medlem???

Ha en bra dag
                    /kaj

Comment

Originally posted by timren View Post
                      Hej och tack för tippset ... en liten fundering.
                      Är det möjligt att från 'View profile' / kontakt info göra en länk till google map för respektive medlem???

Ha en bra dag
                      /kaj
                      Morgon,

Jo, det är möjligt. Enklast är det om du sätter in t.ex. i din signatur, t.ex. följande länk i ditt fall: Klicka
                      En annan möjlighet som jag kanske sätter in när jag har tid är om man har ett separat fält i profilen dit man sätter in sin länk.

Länken hittar du där i samma veva som du placerar nålen...i en av fältena på sidan.

Hasse

Comment

Map

Hello Hasse,

Would it be possible to have a permanent link to the map on the first page when one is logged on to the forum?
                        Intension is to easy find the map and see from where all our buddies are.

On my own pages I also use both GoogleMaps and Panoramio where one can attach pictures to a certain place, have a look at www.velhola.com

Lasse Holm

Comment

Googlemap

Originally posted by Lasse1951 View Post
                          Hello Hasse,

Would it be possible to have a permanent link to the map on the first page when one is logged on to the forum?
                          Intension is to easy find the map and see from where all our buddies are.

On my own pages I also use both GoogleMaps and Panoramio where one can attach pictures to a certain place, have a look at www.velhola.com

Lasse Holm
                          That is my intention.

Hasse

Comment

Link to Googlemap

... now the link is within the menu row, ie. if you are logged in.

Comment

Google Map....

Hi Hasse,

I am still "not allowed" to access the Google Map. Can you change my status somehow so I can use the new link? I know you are very busy.

Thanks!

Debbie

Comment

Working...
                              X