Brunell/Wefvar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brunell/Wefvar

Hallo! I am trying to find my two uncles and their children/grandchildren, if there are any. I know that my granparents went to America as newly wed about 1890. Anders Brunell from Kokkola b. 30.6.1859 and his wife Maria Matilda Wefvar b. 16.7.1869 from Kokkola. Their first child Alfhild Maria was born 8.4.1891 in Michigan. The family returned to Finland but later, about 1920-25 two of theire sons emigrated to America. One was Anders Edvin Brunell b. 13.2.1898 in Vasa and the second one Uno Evald born 19.8.1901 also in Vasa. They both moved to Parainen some in 1920. I would be greatful to hear from anybody that knows anythin about any Brunell or Wefvar that could be related to me. Best regards
    Magdalena Seppälä b. Brunell, Espoo/Finland

Hi Magdalena,

I'm also looking for Brunells, and I'd like to ask if your Anders Brunell is related to Johan Fredrik Eriksson Brunell, b. 16 July 1827 Kokkola, d. 20 January 1891. He was widowed as he moved to Kälviä and married Maria Andersdr Iivari (or Ahllund) in 1875.

Comment

I found both brothers in Manhattan, NY on the 1930 Census. Both single and are ironworkers. Also found possibly Anders Edvin as Edvin in a 1923 passenger list from Sweden on the SS Stockholm going to Ill. There are lots of arrivals for an AE Brunell, but his first name proved to be Arthur.
      Attached Files

Comment

Brunell

I have the birth records for Kokkola/Karleby, but there was no one named Johan Fredrik Eriksson Brunell, b. 16 Jul 1827. However, there was someone by that name born in Kelviå to Erik Mattsson Vintur married 12 Jul 1818 to Maria Helena Mattsdotter Alm. Could he be the Brunell you are looking for?

As for Magdalena's request concerning Anders Danielsson Nygrann-Brunell, b. 1859 married to Maria Mathilda Henriksdotter Vevar, b. 1869 - I have them in my database and have 5 children born to them: 1 in Michigan and 4 in Vasa. But I don't have any information about these children.

Brunell seems to be a name taken by a lot of people who had other family names such as Broända, Forsnäs, Nygrann, Storå, Brännkärr - mostly from Karleby, Kronoby and Nedervetil.
        June

Comment

June,

I found somewhere that Johan (or Juho) would have born in Kaarlela. But I really don't know about his past.

However, Juho and Maria had seven children of which five, including their mother, moved to the States around 1900. I read they used "Peltomaa" as their surname in ship manifests but in the State their surname was Brunell.

On Ellisisland.org I could find only two of them so my search will continue.

Comment

Brunell

I'll try to find more about Johan/Juho's birth and will let you know if anything comes up.
            June

Comment

June,

I found 3 Vintur, or Vintturi, in Juuret Kälviällä II and they all were born in Kaustinen. But neither of them was Erik Mattson Vintur.

Comment

Brunell

Hi Magdalena,
                From the Institute of Migration:

Best Regards,
                Denise

Detailed passport information

Last name Brunell
                First names Anders
                Other names *
                Date of birth . .1859
                Marital status *
                Religion *
                Occupation Rakennusmestari
                Home parish Kokkola
                Province VAA
                Passport date 13.04.1896
                Passport number 884
                Passport valid (year:month) 1:0
                Destination Venäjä
                Passport issued by VAA
                Remarks *

---------------------------------------------------------------------
                Detailed passenger information

Last name Brunell
                First names Anders
                Age or age group 22
                Port of departure Hanko
                Place of destination New York
                State of destination NY
                Country of destination USA
                Price of ticket FIM 4300
                Ship from Finland Arcturus
                Date of departure from Finland 25.07.1923
                Ship from England Berengaria
                Date of departure from England 04.08.1923
                Ocean Line Cunard Line
                Port of departure in England Southampton
                List and page 124/21
                Remarks Uusikaarlepyy!

Comment

Hi Magdalena,
                  From familysearch.org:

Best Regards,
                  Denise

IGI Individual Record FamilySearch™ International Genealogical Index

Andrew Brunell
                  Male

Parents:
                  Father: Daniel Brunell
                  Mother: ...elena Broanda

Marriages:
                  Spouse: Mary Matilda Wefvar
                  Marriage:
                  21 JUL 1889 Ludington, Mason, Michigan

Source Information:
                  Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:
                  M018764 Film
                  Sheet:

Comment

Johan Fredrik Eriksson Vintturi-Brunell

He was born 16 Jul 1827, Lochteå, to Erik Mattsson Vintturi, b. 13 Aug 1793, Kaustby, and Maja Lena Mattsdotter Alm, b. 12 Jul 1791, Kelviå. I can take both Vintturi and Alm back several generations, if you are interested. Send me your e-mail and I can send an ahnentafel.
                    June

Comment

Brunell

Hello all
                      There is also lot´s of Brunell´s in Nykarleby .I´m not sure if there is any relationship between those familys.
                      Bert
                      Bert

Comment

I know this thread was started several years ago but I just found this forum and registered. I am related to the Brunell family from Ohio. My grandmother was Ida Lusina Brunell B.12 July 1885. Her father was Juho (Johan) Fredrik Brunell b.16 July 1827 d.20 Jan 1891. Johan's father was Eric Mattsson Vintur and his mother was Maja Lena Mattsdotter Alm. I am interested in hearing from anyone that has any information about this family.

Comment

I replied to the Brunell query several years ago.. have the data in my database, but I'm away from home and don't have access to my data now. I'll be able to check in a week or so.
                          June

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Hello Lynda,

Ida Lusina's (or Rosina) mother Maria was my great-great-grandfather's sister. I remember sending a couple of emails with photos to a woman I found via Ancestry.com(?)... Was it you, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                              X