Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures

Originally posted by kpaavola
    ...size that Hasse prefers, ~600 pixels wide...)
    The reason why I would like to see max sizes of 600 pixels (height and width!) is that then most users can see the pictures ok, ie. without scrolling too much. It isn't my intention to modify the pictures unnecessarily or force you into doing it in a certain way, but there is a certain logic in keeping the picture sizes as small as reasonable.

One rule of thumb is that you shouldn't scan your pictures with too great a resolution for the web. A picture with max 600 pixels in width or height is quite ok in most cases. All picture programs have functions where you can resize the pictures. One good trick to see if the picture turned up too big is to see what size the picturefile has got on tha hard drive. Most of the pictures in this thread are in the range of 20-100 k efter squeezing them to 72dpi/max 600 height/max 600 width and applying a suitable jpeg compression.

Comment

Here are pictures of my grandfather Gustav Portin (1878-1945) and my grandmother Rosa Charlotta (Lotta) Nyström (1872-1958).

The photos are taken in Jakobstad probably at the time they were married i.e. 1902.

Sune
      Attached Files

Comment

O.K. it seems not possible to attach only one picture per post. Here is granddad.

People say that there is a clear family resemblance between him and me.

How about the Portins over there?

Sune
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X