Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tanskanen/Danskanen

Hi,
    Thanks to June Pelo putting a query on Finngen on my behalf, I have finally found info. on my great-grandfather's family, although he is not listed as one of their children. The information was on LDS. Can someone give me further information from Kuopio on my great-grandfather, Heikki Andersson Tanskanen, and other siblings that may be missing. Thank-you again, June!

Best Regards,
    Denise

Husband
    Anders Danskanen Pedigree

Birth: 05 FEB 1837 Juuka, Kuopio, Finland
    Christening:
    Marriage:
    Death:
    Burial:

Wife
    Maria Karttunen Pedigree

Birth: 15 MAY 1845 Kaavi, Kuopio, Finland
    Christening:
    Marriage:
    Death:
    Burial:

Children

1. Anders Petter Anderss. Tanskanen Pedigree
    Male

Birth: 03 NOV 1866 Karttula,Sotkuma, , Kuopio, Finland
    Christening:
    Death:
    Burial:

2. Kaisa Stiina Andersdr. Tanskanen Pedigree
    Female

Birth: 30 AUG 1872 Sotkuma, Kontiolahti, Kuopio, Finland
    Christening:
    Death: 09 APR 1928 Jaaski, Viipuri, Finland
    Burial:

Comment

Kuopio Province (not The Parish)

Hei,

http://www.findmypast.com/passengerL...chStart.action
      Needs a registration, but it is free to a certain amount!

TANSKANEN HEIKKI
      Age 23
      Port of departure Liverpool
      Destination country Canada
      Destination port Québec
      Destination port Montréal
      Date of departure 11 October 1906
      Ship Dominion

www.digiarkisto.com : Juuka 1867-1880 But I didn´t find Heikki Tanskanen
      (on Jan. 15, nor 19). Karttula 1782-1861.

When checking HisKi remember to click the map first in order to get restricted
      area! In this case 11: Northern Savolax and 12: Northern Carelia! KUOPIO
      MEANS PROVINCE IN THIS CONTEXT (NOT THE CITY)! See my posting (12-08-06)!

MISS ALMA ELISABET KANKAANPÄÄ FROM SOUTHERN OSTROBOTHNIA, JALASJÄRVI IN 1911 (Institute of Migration, E-MAIL BY D. 19 APR.) WAS SINGLE AND MRS. ALMA ELISABET NÉE KANKAANPÄÄ TANSKANEN IN 1913
      WAS A MARRIED WOMAN!

Ilm. Polvijärvelle Dec. 15=Ilmoitettiin Polvijärvelle/Ilmoitus Polvijärvelle=
      Polvijärvi parish was informed by the minister.

Greetings from windy and sunny Finland,
      A Helena

Comment

Tanskanen/Danskanen

Hi A Helena,
        Thank-you for your reply. So far I've been able to figure out some of the ancestry of Heikki Andersson Tanskanen, but it bothers me that I can't find a record of birth for him! Maybe he was found in a berry patch somewhere! Anyway, this is what I have figured out so far-

Anders Danskanen, b. 5 Feb. 1837 Juuka, Kuopio married Maria Henrikssdotter Karttunen (Kartunen), b. 15 May 1845 Kaavi, Liperi, Kuopio.
        Children so far that I can find:
        1.Anders Petter Andersson Tanskanen b. 3 Nov. 1866 Karttula, Sotkuma, Kuopio
        2.Anders Andersson Tanskanen b. 24 Mar. 1871 Jarvenpohja, Kinamonsaari, Polvijarvi, Kuopio
        3.Kaisa Stiina Anderssdotter Tanskanen b. 30 Aug. 1872 Sotkuma, Kontiolahti, Kuopio d. 9 Apr. 1928 Jaaski, Viipuri
        4. Heikki Andersson Tanskanen b. 15 Jan. 1880 Polvijarvi, Kuopio

I think I have figured out that Anders Danskanen b. 5.2.1837 Timonvaara farm#5. Parents were Pahl Danskanen and Maria Ryynanen, b. 1805.
        Children of Pahl Danskanen and Maria Ryynanen were:

1. Anders Pahlsson Danskanen b. 5 Feb. 1837 Timonvaara farm#5
        2. Eva Christiina Pahlsdotter Danskanen b. 12 Dec. 1845 Juuga Village farm#1
        3. Petter Pahlsson Danskanen b. 18 Aug. 1848 Juuga Village farm #1

I also think Maria Ryynanen b. 3 Dec. 1805 Timovaara, Kontiolahti parents were Anders Rynain and Christiina Rompain?????

I believe that Maria Karttunen's, born 15 May 1845 Liperi, Kuopio; Parents were Henrik Kartunen and Lisa Kartunen?????
        I'm hoping I'm correct so far in my assumptions of what I have found.

I'm getting so confused with all the Antti/Anders Tanskanen, Danskanen, Danskain's that I need help!!!

Thank-you for your effort and time to help me on this. I truly appreciate all the help I can get.

Best Regards,
        Denise

Comment

Heikki Tanskanen

Hi A Helena,

I am searching now for the passenger record you have found. Something is just not right with Heikki's birthdate that I have on numerous documents in Michigan. If this passenger record proves to be him, he would have been born in about 1883 as it says he was 23 years of age, not 1880.

TANSKANEN HEIKKI
          Age 23
          Port of departure Liverpool
          Destination country Canada
          Destination port Québec
          Destination port Montréal
          Date of departure 11 October 1906
          Ship Dominion

Maybe all along his birthdate was incorrect on all the documents I have here in the U.S. I found that to be true on my other great-grandfather on my mother's side. This is very frustrating. How does one not know when they were born?

Denise

Comment

Heikki Tanskanen Passenger Record

Hi,
            I have found my great grandfather's passenger record on the Canadian Archives thanks to A. Helena. Yes, this is him, going to Calumet, Michigan. Now, where can I search for birth records in 1883 in Kuopio Province for him as obviously all records that I have in the U.S. regarding his death, church records, etc. have the incorrect birth year?

Thank-you,
            Denise
            Attached Files

Comment

1930 US Federal Census

On this 1930 Census Henry (Heikki) Tanskanen states he was 50 years of age, and married at age 33, which would have been 1913.
              Attached Files

Comment

Question???

A. Helena,
                On the previous message you posted this-

Ilm. Polvijärvelle Dec. 15=Ilmoitettiin Polvijärvelle/Ilmoitus Polvijärvelle=
                Polvijärvi parish was informed by the minister

What does this mean?

Thank-you,
                Denise

Comment

Hello Denise and all,
                  My name is Henry Frederick Tanskanen,

I think I am related to you. My Dad's name was Pauli Tanskanen and he was born in kuhnusta from Sauli and Saimi Tanskanen.
                  Brothers of his Otto Esko and Hannu. Pauli was born in 1934-1977. Died in Prince George British Columbia Canada. Imigrated to Canada on Stephan Battory leaving Southhamton. 1958 0r 1959?
                  Familly Cemetary is in Jukka. I would like to know how we are related and how to get information about ancestors burried in Juuka the familly resting place. Lutheran church. Saimi's maiden name was Peebo, we think from Estonia, perhaps Peebo Estonia. When did his ancestors come to Khunusta and area?
                  Please let me know anything at all as we know very little about our past.
                  I feel lucky to have found this Post!
                  Anyone answer back please.

From Heikki, Henry Tanskanen
                  Henry Tanskanen
                  Registered
                  Last edited by Henry Tanskanen; 23-08-17, 02:51.

Comment

Henry,

Welcome to the Forum. Denise hasn't been on the Forum for quite a while, but she is active on Facebook. If you belong to it, you can contact her there.
                    June

Comment

How do I find her on facebook, I don't even know her name?
                      Cheers, there must be a link through this site?

Comment

Henry Tanskanen,

I private messaged you on Facebook, I posted a query on your behalf, and here is the email address for the Lutheran parish in Juuka. juuan.seurakunta(at)evl.fi I would need Sauli Tanskanen's birthdate and his parent's names in order to find anything on your ancestry. The churchbooks aren't helpful online are not helpful as they don't cover the years I need to research. http://www.sukuhistoria.fi/sshy/sivu...o.php?plid=142

Comment

Working...
                        X