Palokangas.. known as Palo in U.S.A.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palo

Just a quick look in the phone book for the area of Embarrass,,there are plenty of Palos in the area and also a community of Palo..It is north of Duluth about 50 miles..Ed

Comment

Palokangas

Hi! I have the entire Palokangas family tree back to 1545 and almost all descendants to 2012. Jaakko was born July 23, 1843 as Jaakko Palokangas Iso-Pellinen Mattson in Evijarvi. His father was Matti Pesonen, mother was Kaisa Karvonen.
      Jaakko married Maria Vertanen 2 15-1846 to 10-23-1941. They had 9 children:
      Herman
      Isaaco Jacob
      Jaakko
      Alexander Karvonen-Palokangas
      Maria Isopellinen
      Liisa Palo
      Liisa Karvonen Iso-Pellinen

Alexander married Sanna Maria Jutila Nov 17 1869 to 5 30 1932. They had 9 children.

I can send you the entire tree or you can access it on ancestry.com. I just finished it this last month after 7 years!
      Evie
      Last edited by Evie; 06-02-12, 00:30. Reason: More details

Comment

Palokangas

Hi, I hope you get my message I sent as a personal message. I seem to have some problems with the log in sometimes and things don't work....... It would be great to get the family info you mentioned. I've been working on it for quite a while too but kind of off and on. Also have worked on other parts of the family and my Husbands family. Do you have the Wertanen/Vertanen and Nelimark connection? I received a lot of info from the Nelimark website. It 's still a little confusing....... I have some pictures of Jaako's daughter Johanna, who was my grandmother, and her family that I could e mail you if you'd like. Do you have any pictures of the family? HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON. KAREN............................

Comment

Originally posted by Karen K View Post
          ... I seem to have some problems with the log in sometimes and things don't work...

If you are using you own computer, ie. at home - not at a library, Internet café etc. I recommend you log in like this
          1. Enter your username (exactly the one you selected yourself)
          2. Enter your password (exactly the one you selected yourself, not the "activation code!")
          3. Select the "Remember Me" option - and your browser will remember (until it forgets...)
          4. Click login

I also still recommend you write down the your exact username and password for future use - this sincs, as said, the browser will forget the login information at some point.

Note that in the password small characters ("gemena") and large characters ("versals") are significant, ie. aren't interchangeable! "Sesam1234" is thus different from "sesam1234"
          Hasse
          Admin
          Administrator
          Last edited by Hasse; 08-02-12, 10:40.

Comment

Working...
          X