X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And my friend in California is Wilhelmiina's son's daughter

Comment

Hi M1nna,
      If you could private message me with Wilhelmina and Jonas Carlson's son's name I would appreciate it. I will also private message you my email address so that she (your friend) may contact me if she would like to. I would be happy to share any information with her that I have on our ancestry. This is very exciting to find a relation in the U.S. Thank-you.

Best Regards,
      Denise

Comment

RE: Albertina Nikkari - Abraham's daughter

Hello,

I am brand new to this site and I think Albertina - the daughter of your ancestor - may be my maternal great grand mother on my father's side. She married a Robert Myllyharju and they had a daughter Matilda Josefiina Myllyharju who was born Oct 4, 1885 - Albertina would have been 31. I would be curious if you had any confirming details....

Thanks,

Helen Roininen

Comment

Hi Helen,
          The Albertina Bergström I have was born 10 Apr. 1828 Jalasjärvi, and died 21 Aug 1831 Jalasjärvi. I'm sorry. It's silly, but when I found that to be a royal line I just kept climbing up the ladder and never really looked back for further information on the Bergström family. In so many cases I found that either the same family or another member down the line in the family named their child after one who had died, so there still may be another Albertina I am missing. I'll go through the church books and see what I can find. Where was your Matilda Josefina Myllyharju born? and where was Robert Myllyharju born?

Best Regards,
          Denise

Comment

Hi Helen,
            Looked through Hiski after I saw that you had posted Albertina NIKKARI Abrahamsdotter across the top.
            Could this be the family of your Albertina? Are these her siblings? As you can see below Himanka has no records transcribed on Hiski for about 1854 when your Albertina would have been born.

Best Regards,
            Denise

Himanka - Himango

* Christened (1804-1850, 1872-1906, 1909)

Himanka - Himango - christened

* Father's first name: ABR => Aabraham
            * Father's last name: NIKKARI => Nikkarikoski, Nikkari

Born Christened Village Farm Father Mother Child
            *8.9.1881 11.9.1881 Bonden Abraham Josefsson Nikkari hans hustru Lisa Abrahamsd:r 29 Sakarias
            godparent: Bonden Thomas Jakobsson Nikkari
            godparent: hustru Lusina
            godparent: Bondesonen Josef Abramsson Hillilä
            godparent: Bondedottren Maja Josefsd:r Hillilä
            *27.9.1882 29.9.1882 Bonden Abraham Josefsson Nikkari hans hustru Lisa Abrahamsd:r 25 Abraham
            original - ALKUPKOMM: af Chr: Sjöblom
            godparent: Bonden Jakob Abrahamsson Hillilä
            godparent: hustru Gustava Sakrisd:r
            godparent: Drengen Erik Nygård
            godparent: Bondedottren Lisa Nikkari

Comment

Hi Helen,
              Would this be your Robert Myllyharju? This is from the Institute of Migration.

Denise

Detailed passport information
              Last name Myllyharju
              First names Robert Nikodemusson
              Other names *
              Date of birth . .9999
              Marital status 2
              Religion *
              Occupation Torpp.
              Home parish Isojoki
              Province VAA
              Passport date 13.04.1889
              Passport number 0
              Passport valid (year:month) 1:0
              Destination Amerikka
              Passport issued by KR
              Remarks Ikä: 37. Sj vaimo ja 6 lasta.

Comment

Originally posted by Denise View Post
                Hi Helen,
                The Albertina Bergström I have was born 10 Apr. 1828 Jalasjärvi, and died 21 Aug 1831 Jalasjärvi. I'm sorry. It's silly, but when I found that to be a royal line I just kept climbing up the ladder and never really looked back for further information on the Bergström family. In so many cases I found that either the same family or another member down the line in the family named their child after one who had died, so there still may be another Albertina I am missing. I'll go through the church books and see what I can find. Where was your Matilda Josefina Myllyharju born? and where was Robert Myllyharju born?

Best Regards,
                Denise
                I think Lehtimaki...my grandfather was born there so I am assuming it could be the same area. My apologies for not being able to supply any more details.

Thank you for your prompt response - its greatly appreciated...

Helen

Comment

Hi Helen,

Denise

Last name Myllyharju
                  Other names *
                  Date of birth . .9999
                  Marital status 2
                  Religion *
                  Occupation Torpp.
                  Home parish Isojoki
                  Province VAA
                  Passport date 13.04.1889
                  Passport number 0
                  Destination Amerikka
                  Passport issued by KR
                  I don't think so - to the best of my understanding, it was only my grandfather who emmigrated after the first World War. Thank you for the information...

Comment

Hi Helen,

Best Regards,
                    Denise
                    Denise,

Thank you for this - its why I didn't have my hopes up too high, I know record keeping at this time was poor at best and I recall being told a lot of names were Swedish or people just took a place name. e.g. -my father was Voitto so I would be Voittontatyr and then came a time when they took actual last names. I'm trying to cast my net as wide as possible - you never know where a solid lead will come from.

Thanks,

Helen

Comment

Hi Helen,

Denise

Last name Myllyharju
                      Other names *
                      Date of birth . .9999
                      Marital status 2
                      Religion *
                      Occupation Torpp.
                      Home parish Isojoki
                      Province VAA
                      Passport date 13.04.1889
                      Passport number 0
                      Destination Amerikka
                      Passport issued by KR
                      Denise,

Its possible...I have 1 surviving uncle on the west coast who has been researching... I will e-mail him and try to get more details.

Thanks, Helen

Comment

Hi Helen,
                        This may be your Myllyharju family in this Isojoki rippikirja for the years 1873-1882. There is an Albertina that may be your's, born 26 Dec 1853 (26.12.1853).

Best Regards,
                        Denise
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HelenaAMD View Post
                          Denise,

Its possible...I have 1 surviving uncle on the west coast who has been researching... I will e-mail him and try to get more details.

Thanks, Helen
                          Yes. It may be that family. Apparently even the Talko database.

Has even this family, listed on my data.

Table 1
                          1. Robert Nicodemusson Ojala, Myllyharju, b. 24.2.1852 Storå
                          Spouse: 14.6.1873 Albertina Andersdotter Nikkari, b. 28.10.1846 Karijoki.
                          Children:
                          Maria Emiina Robersdotter Ojala, Myllyharju, b. 28.8.1873 Storå.
                          Hilma Aurora Robertsdotter Ojala, Myllyharju, b. 16.12.1876 Storå.
                          Johan Evert Robertsson Ojala, Myllyharju, b. 25.1.1880 Storå.
                          Niklas Robert Robertsson Ojala, Myllyharju, b. 20.6.1882 Storå. Amerikkaan 1902.
                          Matilda Josefina Robertsdotter Ojala, Myllyharju, b. 4.10.1885 Storå. To table*2.
                          Sandra Maria Robertsdotter Ojala, Myllyharju, b. 29.2.1888 Storå.

Kaarina

Comment

Working...
                          X