Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sjöberg Seaberg from Teerijarvi

Hello everybody

My name is Peter Sanell and I´m quite new in this "ancestry business". (I have just started)
    Though, I have been able to track my family quite far, 1580 as a matter of fact, thanks to some information and advises from this website.
    I have probably found out that My family, in the past is connected to both June Pelo and Joelle Steele and I think to Hasse Andtbacka as well.

Nevertheless,, My queery at the moment is..
    I lost track of my grandfathers brother, Hugo Alexander Andersson Sjöberg who emigrated to the U.S in 1902. But there seems to be nothing about him in the cencus records nor in the Ellis Island files. I could find the information needed about the siblings of Hugo. They where, Lydia, Edith, Nils-Gideon(Edward) and Elis, all with the surname Sjöberg.

So,, if anybody could help me out with the lost "uncle Hugo" I would be happy.

The family tree starts with Kieurkall through Döfnäs Lilltimmerbacka to Sjöberg if it is of any interest.

Yours
    Peter

Hi Peter,

Attached (I hope) some info on Sjöberg.
    Anders Sjöberg is my 2nd cousin 3 times removed.

regards
    Tommy
    Attached Files
    Tommy Ånäs, Helsingfors

Comment

Hugo

http://www.migrationinstitute.fi/mig...imi=_QYH0Q6JSJ

Hi Peter and welcome!

Is this your Hugo? Age 17 departing 24.05.1902 ?

He has a destination of New York and traveled on the American Line.

Earlier American Line ships had traveled to Philadelphia but then New York became the main destination.

I am surprised that he is not listed at ellis island. i went thru the entire Sjoberg listing to see if he perhaps traveled by a preferred given name but nothing to show for that effort. It is possible the transcriber has made an error with his surname.
      Chuck

Comment

anastom

Hi there Tommy

Thankyou for the information, most of it is allready known to me.

Are you a descendant of Lydia,Edith or Thure. My mother is AnneMarie.
        If you are a descendant of Edith I may mention that I visited Ole and Leo at Paasila in october last year with my mother.

I have contact with Gides (Gideons) descendants in Chigaco and they will soon send me all the details of that part of the family.

Peter
        sanell
        Registered
        Last edited by sanell; 06-02-04, 08:48.

Comment

Chuck

Hi Chuck

And thank you for your concern.
          Yes that is the "Hugo" I am looking for and that is as far as I have been able to track him as well. I have also tried different spellings, Teerijarvi etc, but he seems to be lost.

Any other ideas?

Tanks again, and have a nice day

Peter

Comment

Sjöberg

Peter,
            I did find this on Genealogy.com. Unfortunately, I don't have a subscription to the Family Trees section. Maybe someone else on the forum does and could look it up.

Hugo Sjoberg found in World Family Tree Volume 9, Tree 3473
            Date: Private
            Kevin Paavola
            Orlando Florida

Comment

more on Sjöberg

Hi again, Peter,
              I checked other names for Hugo. There are quite a few Hugo Andersons in the 1910 census. Do you have a date of birth for Hugo?
              Kevin Paavola
              Orlando Florida

Comment

Hugo Alexander SJÖBERG, to US 1902, was born 02-02-1885.
                (I had the date conveniently)
                Tommy
                Tommy Ånäs, Helsingfors

Comment

Hugo Anderson

This is a long shot but below are the Hugo Anderson entries in the 1920 census:

Naugatuck, New Haven, Connecticut-
                  Hugo Anderson, 35, immigrated 1902, born Sweden
                  Anne, wife, 32, immigrated 1902, born Sweden
                  Henry, brother, 32, immigrated 1905, born Sweden

Brooklyn, Kings County, New York-
                  Hugo A. Anderson, 37, immigrated 1902, born Sweden
                  Anna A, wife, 33, immigrated 1902, born Sweden

New York City, Richmond Burrough, New York-
                  Hugo Anderson, 36, immigrated 1902, born Sweden
                  ? Anderson, wife, 35, immigrated 1903, born Sweden
                  Walter, son, 11, born New York
                  Kevin Paavola
                  Orlando Florida

Comment

Seaberg

Saw the name and thought Ahah!
                    Just finished the exhibit panel which includes B. (??) Axel SeabOrg, originally Sjöberg. Very early pioneer (1870's) so I don't know where he came from in Finland.e Would have liked to know. He started Aberdeen Canning Company, took the name from Aberdeen Scotland because their salmon had a good reputation. Then the little town which grew up around his cannery took the name too. He ended up building railroads, owning steamships, and running 10 canneries from Oregon to Wrangell Alaska. Died in Lewiston Idaho.
                    Anyone know him?
                    Thanks,
                    Syrene
                    Support SFHS - Building a bridge back to Finland!

Comment

Kieurkall & Döfnäs

Peter,
                      Forgot to mention that I believe I have these names in my file as well. I'd have to check to make sure but I think they're from Terjärvi. Info is probably in Talko.
                      Kevin Paavola
                      Orlando Florida

Comment

Sjöberg Kieurkall Döfnäs

Hi everybody

I must say that I am pleasanly surprised over all of you trying to help me out. It is realy appreciated.

Tommy, I have sent a reply by mail. Thanks for your kind help.

Kevin.
                        I have found out from Chicago that Hugo lived in New York. So some of the names you gave me can be of interest.
                        re; Kieurkall and Döfnäs. I have almost everything about those who stayed in Terjärv . Tommy gave some info about his ancestors which where of great interest to me.

Thanks a lot

Syrene.
                        I think that the Sjöberg you are looking for came from Sweden. I´ll see what I can find out about that.
                        There is a lot of Seabergs in Chicago and almost all of them came from Sweden, only one came from finland and that was my great uncle Edward G Seaberg at 1458 Melrose street.

Thats all for now
                        Peter

Comment

Seaborg

Hi and thanks,
                          I just ran across a bio note that Seaborg B Axel came from Kristinestad. Appreciate your offer to help though.
                          Syrene
                          Support SFHS - Building a bridge back to Finland!

Comment

Hugo Sjöberg, in NY in 1908

I have begun to search for Hugo in NY and found at Bethelehem Covenant Church a Hugo Sjöberg is a witness in 1908 to marriage of Alfred Johnson and Hilda Malin.

I didn't find him as a member of that church.

If this is your Hugo, it means he has kept his Sjöberg name into 1908.

Chuck
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hugo Sjöberg

Hi Chuck

I think you might have found the "Hugo" I am looking for.

As you can see at the document there is an Edith Sjöberg as well, together with Leonard Tassel feb 16 1907. Edith was Hugo`s sister.
                              I visited Ediths sons, Ole and Leo in october last year and they did´nt know anything about Hugo and his whereabouts.
                              They are 90 and 94 years of age with razor-sharp minds.

Could you advise me about some other registers where I may find info in this task??

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X